- This event has passed.
1st Annual Y-Knot Tri (Lake City’s New Triathlon)
August 13 @ 8:00 am - 1:00 pm
A NEW LAKE CITY TRIATHLON TRADITION BEGINS IN 2022!
SATURDAY, AUGUST 13, 2022
The Lake City Chamber of Commerce and our sponsors are proud to host the 1st annual Y-Knot Tri on Saturday August 13th, 2022! Paddle, bike, and run your way through a fun course in beautiful Lake City, Minnesota. Individual or Team registration is available.
Not a tri-guy? No worries, come down to enjoy the park, grab a brew or food from Rebel Fire BBQ, see some live music, and cheer on the participants! … Then stick around for Float-a-Palooza immediately following the race!
Lake City Y-Knot Tri 2022
The first annual Lake City Y-Knot Tri will take place at Ohuta Park on Saturday, August 13th, 2022. The event will consist of a 2.5 mile paddle on beautiful Lake Pepin, a 14 mile bike ride on a there and back route to Frontenac, and a 5K run along the river side. There are three options for registration.
1. Registrants can sign up as an individual and complete all three legs of the race; OR
2. Registrants can sign up as two person team – paddle together in a kayak or canoe and then complete the last two legs individually (participants would share the same paddle time); OR
3. Registrants can sign up on a three person relay team – each person completes one leg of the race
~There will be a limited number of kayaks available for rent and must be done at the time of registering for the triathlon. After completing the race there will be refreshments and festivities in Ohuta Park.
*RACE TIMING DONE BY WAZATA TIMING*
1. Awards will be given to 1st and 2nd place individuals male & female in the following categories
2. Awards will be given to the 1st and 2nd place 2 person teams
3. Awards will be given to 1st and 2nd place 3 person relay teams
**Any use of e-bikes prohibits participants from receiving awards**
~Online registration will be open until Thursday, August 11th at 4pm.
~All registrations after this date must be completed on-site the day of the event.
~Packet pick-up will be held at Ohuta Park on Friday, August 12th from 5pm-7pm.
~Same day registration will be held at Ohuta Park from 7am-8:30am. *NO EARLIER*
~You must register online before July 23rd in order to receive a race t-shirt
*RACE DAY INFORMATION*
~Parking Information TBD
*Bike water stop TBD
*5K water stop will be at the turn-a-round point
*Transition area details TBD
*VISIT OUR FACEBOOK PAGE*